In 1928 the Victorian Railways introduced a bogie version of their M van coded MM which was built at the Newport Railway Workshops. 25 wagons were completed and these carried the ratchet style handbrake affixed to an end wall. Initially they all featured lightweight bar frame bogies, auto couplers and buffers. Transition chains were later fitted for compatibility with other wagons of the time. Each wagon could carry 18 beasts with a central wall separating each half of the wagon and could carry a load of 30 tons. Photo courtesy of Rob O'Regan
The completed model using bogies and couplers available separately.
Offline Website Creator